Last week report

June 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Thanks to Daniel M. German, the project gain new ability to dump the input data structures. Till now the main problem in adding new tests cases was the space they take. Now this problem is almost gone. Of course this method isn’t testing everything but in many many cases it is almost everything that is substantial in test case. The main ‘old’ tests must remain to test the most important elements of the project, new method should be essential part of testing that gives more information about problems/bugs that may be found (because much more test cases can be done that way). Now the main problem is the time that tests take, but this is a result of number of them – e.g. combination of projection, formats and interpolators gives about 20x10x23 = 4600 in worst case (when all options are checked) – but there is a solution: not every test must be executed, we can divide tests into two groups first that tests most important elements of the project and second that contains predefined sets of tests cases that tests specific part of the project. This could be done by customizing cmake (ctest), more info: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest#Running_Individual_Tests

most important changes in the project during last week:
in parser.pl
– new simple tool for testing with parser – parser.pl (basic version)
– added possibility for generating combined tests
– combine all parameters functions into one
– reference files will be extended if result won’t be found
– improved documentation and added some comments
– code improvements
– other less important changes
in other files
– added 64 new tests into cmake (16 are removed due to time they take)
– added reference files for new tests

Currently I’m working at adjusting existing tests with cmake and making some new tests to other tools.

A report that I should post week ago

June 29, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Here is a little summary of the project based on doc/stitch.txt file.
p – line options
w various widths are used during tests
h various heights are used during tests
f almost all projection formats are tested
P optional parameters for some projections – only defaults are used
v horizontal field of view of panorama – tested
n most important Panorama file formats are tested (only for f1 as input)
u not tested (default:10)
k not tested
b not tested
d not tested

o – line options
f f0 f1 f2 f3 are tested
v horizontal field of view of image
y various yaw angle are given in input images
p various pitch angle are given in input images
r various roll angle are given in input images
a,b,c lens correction coefficients are tested (for f0 and f2)
d,e initial lens offset are tested (for f0 and f2)
g,t initial lens shear are tested (for f0 and f2)
Tx,Ty,Tz,Ts not tested
+buf, -buf obsolete, not tested
S Selection, f2 has input images with S option, (no separate test for
this option)
C Crop (no separate test for this option)
m,mx,my,s obsolete, not tested

m – line options
g gamma, not tested
i interpolators, all are tested (separate from cmake)
f Invoke Faster Transformation, not tested

Changes that I made to the project in this two weeks:
– preparation for parser testing (I made some functions in code more modular, so
it would be easier to use and combine them)
– improved documentation and added some comments
– removed interpolators test from cmake testing process
– parameters tests don’t need anymore separate files (now they are generated
automatically)
– added functionality to add custom tests
– code improvements
– other less important changes

Project status update.

June 2, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Main changes:
-removed old unused references
-added multiple changes in test generating script such as testing formats,
testing interpolators and antialising, simple testing, testing parameters
-added new references
-added additional logging procedures
-integrated testing process with cmake
-created runTest.pl for replace similar script written in python
-changes in comparing methods
-many other small changes
-and of course removed the dependency of enblend and changed loaction of the
exexcutables
Currently I’m working at cropping tests, code improvements and making more
comments and documentation to the project.

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.